Our preparation for the new school year continues. This week, we’re focusing on creating the best home study space. Creating a comfortable place to hit the books not only increases the likelihood of homework getting done, but it encourages excellent organizing skills in other parts of life.
When creating your home study nook, keep two things in mind: schedule and time management. Creating a weekly schedule of when you plan to sit down, disconnect from the world and study is super important. Plan ahead and schedule time to get studying done so you can tackle it slowly throughout the week — instead of having to power through it all at once come the weekend.
Time management is just as important. When studying, it is ideal to allow yourself time to rest. Break up your studies into smaller pieces and reward yourself when you hit a checkpoint. Try to clear your mind for a few minutes without resorting to social media, television or conversations — and then get back to the books!
Of course, creating and outfitting your study place is the most important part.
Create the perfect home study space
- Student planner: To start, you need to organize your responsibilities. Keep track of classes, homework, tests and more with this student agenda. This daily agenda has lots of room to jot down every day to-do’s. Dated for the 2015-16 school year, this planner has both monthly and daily calendars. Choose from multiple colors.
- Dry erase calendar decal: Having a separate calendar for life’s commitments allows you to focus on homework within your planner, making it easier to keep track of assignments. A calendar for all of life’s activities is a must as well. This cool decal can be placed right above your desk. This way you can keep track of doctor’s appointments, family commitments and other things that don’t fit in your agenda.
- Bulletin board: This contemporary bulletin board is the perfect mix of fun and efficiency. Pin up photos and ticket stubs as well as assignment outlines and more. This board comes with both 12 magnets and 12 pushpins.
- Desktop organizer: Keep papers filed and organized. This cheeky desktop organizer is perfect for sorting files, important documents, even pencils or pens. The lighthearted “JUNK” text across the front adds fun to efficiency.
- Wrist support note pad: Jot down last minute notes and reminders with this fun notepad. Designed to double as a keyboard wrist pad, this paper notepad includes 60 sheets. Like the desktop organizer, this pad has a sense of humor as displayed by its header: “Things I’ll forget to remember.”
Find these products and more like that at StacksandStacks.com.